Emily’s Place is unique in that residents live in a highly structured environment under direct supervision and community involvement.
Emily’s Place is not a shelter, which typically allows women to stay for 30 – 90 days. Rather, it is a “transformational” housing ministry based on a 24-month stay commitment which promotes stability and wise choices. We do not seek to simply sustain lives; rather, the goal is to enable residents to attain their highest personal potential through the development of their respective abilities and the healing of their hearts.
The transformational program includes mandatory classes covering topics such as life and job skills, financial training, parenting, and etiquette.
To break the cycle of domestic violence for women and their children through long-term transformational care that seeks to restore faith, hope, and health.
Our Core Services
- Weekly Counseling Sessions help the women overcome the trauma of domestic violence and related issues.
- Addiction Recovery Programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Overcomers Anonymous and Celebrate Recovery are outlets used in the community to help aid in life’s healing choices.
- Vocational Assistance is offered to ensure growth and to gain highest personal potential.
- Employment Assistance is provided to help our women become stable and contributing members of the community.
- Life Skills Development classes facilitate lifelong learning, build esteem, and encourage self-sufficiency.
- Spiritual Nurturing encourages participants to seek a growing relationship with Christ.
All the core services are offered within a structured environment of 24/7 live-in staff who are dedicated to offering the support and accountability needed to transition from a difficult past into a bright future.